Affiliate marketing is a great way to make money by products you love. Kickbooster provides an exciting opportunity to grow your personal brand, and earn even more, through rewards-based crowdfunding. At Kickbooster, we see affiliates (who we refer to as ‘boosters’) find success earning commissions by promoting exciting Kickstarter and Indiegogo crowdfunding campaigns everyday.
Wondering how to get in on the action yet?
Here’s how you can earn money as a Kickbooster affiliate.
Step 1: Sign Up
Getting started as a Kickbooster affiliate is easy. Simply head over to our sign up page and create a profile, it takes two minutes.
Step 2: Find a Campaign You Can Get Behind
Once you’ve created your affiliate account it’s time to find a campaign to promote (aka boost). Head to the Kickbooster Marketplace and start discovering a wide variety of amazing campaigns. You can sort the campaigns by ‘Newest Arrivals’, ‘Our Latest Picks’, ‘Most Funded’, ‘Ending Soon’, and highest to lowest commission.
You can also browse exclusively crowdfunding campaigns or e-commerce stores by clicking the button on the left hand side. Or sort by categories you are most interested in by selecting from the options displayed below. Every campaign will display the commission rate on the left bottom corner of the image as well as the number of days left in the crowdfunding campaign.
Every campaign will display the commission rate on the left bottom corner of the image as well as the number of days left in the crowdfunding campaign.
Once you find a campaign that suits your interest it’s time to start boosting! Click on “Boost This Campaign” and get your unique link.
Step 3: Create Content
Before you start sharing your content, it’s important to include some vital information surrounding the campaign.
What To Include:
- Important details about the product like its features and unique value prop – why should people pledge to this campaign instead of going to the store and purchasing something similar elsewhere? In order for you to make money through your links, you have to show why people need this product.
- High-quality visuals so that people can get a clear idea of what the product is and what it does. This can include images, GIFS and video.
- Campaign details such as the campaign end date and the different reward levels.
Where To Find It:
- View the media kit on the campaigns booster page to access graphics, video, and a press release with important information.
Visit the campaign page for additional information. A good campaign page will include everything you need to successfully promote it.
Step 4: Share Your Content
There are plenty of ways to share your unique link code, but these are a few that work well with our existing boosters.
- Website/Blog: If you have a website or blog, posting about a campaign is a great way to spread the word. Use information from the media kit and campaign page to summarize the campaign and encourage your readers to use your link to pledge.
- Videos: Video is an effective way to reach a broad audience. According to YouTube, people watch over a billion hours of Youtube content every single day! If you’re not creating video, you’re potentially missing out on a huge group of people. YouTube is a great platform because it lets you share links right in the video description so the conversion rate is higher than other forms of social sharing. If you can get your hands on the physical product early on, your video can include content like a product unboxing and review, a product demo, and shots of you interacting with the product.
- Social Media: If you are active on social media, this can be a great way to share your unique link code to your friends, family, and followers. Remember that video you created for Youtube? Try repurposing it for social media. If you wrote a blog post or article, share it to your social accounts. If you have the physical product, share high-quality lifestyle images of you interacting with it. Remember, different social platforms have different posting guidelines, for example, you can’t post links in your descriptions on Instagram. Be sure to familiarize yourself with the best practices for posting on each platform to ensure peak optimization.
The most important thing when it comes to sharing the campaign you’re boosting is authenticity. Find the platform you’re most comfortable on and with the highest engagement rate and start there.
Step 5: Track Your Results
It’s important to see what’s working and what’s not, which is why Kickbooster has a comprehensive dashboard where you can track the results of your boosting efforts.
When you bring in your first referral, your main Dashboard will become available and give you a snapshot of your overall performance.